War of the Worlds (2005)

War of the Worlds by Steven Spielberg is sure a fired up movie of the year, well at least that's how it goes. Well, the movie is nice to great. The story is unique I can hardly tell any movie with the same storyline (well Scary Movie 4 has the same plot as War of the World!).

The movie is about a family having a typical Sunday morning not lest they know that their typical Sunday morning will be like hiding and surviving hordes of alien invaders! Everything is nice and watchable but nothing too grand. Of course the movie didn't bore me much but some scenes are quite laggy but the climax did make it well so I'll let the criticism pass.

As I have seen the movie, well actually ti's not that I didn't like the movie it is just that I've watched the Parody movie first before the original so I kinda seen the movie at all as if I've watched this before but then again watching this makes real total difference.

As I carefully watched the movie *I think* there are some movie goofs or technicalities in this movie I'm not sure so I'll let you judge the movie itself so here's the shots:

First thing, this one is actually not a goof but rather ugh, you know, how could an earthquake being torn asunder in a half flawlessly I mean look, the church is like made from Papier mâché! No crumbling, no...its really like a paper being torn to me...its unrealistic  though.

 This one here I don't know, he's taking a video of the alien tripod where is i can tell you for I have heard directly from the citizens that "everything" stopped from functioning even a wrist watch that Ray have! (The car starts though for they managed to change some parts of the car but hey how about the video cam?)
Okay in this one is like magic. When Ray thew his peanut butter sandwich on the window look at the bread. Why is it sticking outside the window?








Bottom line , I'll give this 4 star. Its really a great movie! Nice to watch. Nice acting and nice settings. If you want an alien flick give this a try, you'll probably love this.






*Updated* I've found out that the bread scene with Ray was his reflection throwing the bread onto the camera. Sheez i really thought that the bread actually passed through the other side of the window ha-ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Cristian's Blog