The Secret (2007)

Firstly, when I checked the movie at IMDB. I was intrigued by the Genre “Fantasy” for what I’ve watched this was just your typical Love Story movie so what gives? Let me start from the beginning. This movie The Secret, Original Story by Jay Chou is Chinese Classical Music themed movie with a Twist! That’ right, twist. And after watching the whole movie, I was like: " ... "

The Movie is indeed a marvel (to me) for I am a fan of Classical music. Jay Chou, the director of the movie and the main cast is indeed really talented to come up with such plot. Even though the entrance of the movie was like...not that appealing much. As the movie progresses I kind of get a hang of it. Some cheesy scenes with face poking, hugging and staring in the eyes really get into me.


The story is nice, Cinematography check and the Music is a cut above all, the combination of effective Filming and the film's original music is really moving, and preexisting pieces are well-chosen which indulge your innocent romantic mood.

What really entices me in this movie is the revelation in the end and also the which gives me a big question mark in the end --what have just happened? The movie indeed a Secret. In which I really feel bad for Lu Xiao Yu for being treated like that. Sadly all things have to end prematurely, I even have no idea of what actually happened next to Ye Xiang Lun and his' Dad and will Ye Xiang Lun be trapped in the past then? I wonder what'll happen in the future then? Whatever then. I just think a lot. But Overall. Even though with some controversial gaps and holes (I think) the movie is still watchable. Actually I liked it.




  • If only Lu Xiao Yu can only see Ye Xiang Lun, how come she managed to talk to both Qing Li and the Janitor Guy?

  • I'm confused in the ending photo, just who are those 2 being focused in the picture? Lu Xiao Yu and Ye Xiang Lun? It looks like that they are not those person don't you think?

What more I like in this movie is Alice Tzeng. She is like, just simply beautiful  and stunning. How dare Jay Chou dump her?! Nyahaha ='>


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!
i like the movie and it feels so much sad!!!
i hope that it have part 2!!!

Anonymous said...

noo broo, ye xiao yu could talk to janitor guy and sky because of they are the first person whom she seen.

but, what make me confused is in the old piano room (where xiao lun and xiao yu playing piano together) a teacher immediately come and find xiao yu in the cupboard and talk to her. just like he can see xiao yu too.
still a mystery right?
hahaha

Anonymous said...

No the teacher didn't see her, he only see the frase in the cupboard and commented. At the end of the film some mystery are solved but I don't know Xiao Yu is trapped in the past? And yes why she can talk also with the genitor guy? In the script of the music pamphlet it is said that only the first person who meet her would have seen her

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Cristian's Blog