Cristian's Summer (Adventure(?))

It must have been almost 5 months since that tragic incident occurred...nah who am I kidding I'm talking about my last post!

A lot of stuff happened to me for the last 5- months (based on Facebook; honestly I can no longer recall what happened so I hafta check my Timeline :P)

Para kay B Ricky Lee


Its been a while since I've finished reading this book and tell you what, It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! (for me a t least, medyo mababa kaligayahan ko hahaha!). The book contain stories of 5 people where 4 characters fail in their love story and only one triumphs like the subtitle says: Para kay B (o kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig ang 4 out of 5 sa atin).



I never actually thought that I'd like it 'cause I don't really read novels but after turning the cover and read the first sentence in Irene's story: Sa loob ng coffee shop, habang hawak ang menu, nakaharap  si Irene sa mga kabarkadang sina Brenda (payat na pero nagpapapayat pa baka tuluyan nang magdissapear), at Susan (laging nakagiti parang walang problema sa mundo). --the way the author described Brenda is like funny to me and left me with the impression that this is going to be a good read, so I continued only to find out that the book is both funny and sooo relating.

The book is light to read, not too serious, not to heavy just right and it'll leave you either grinning or at the edge of your chair laughing. Next book that I'll be reading will be Si Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata.



A Late Summer Job


I GOT A SUMMER JOB YEAH! It all started with a phone call, this 21st of May, evening. A my tita's friend, Ms. Cristine called bearing the news that she has an available slot for the Special Program E.. D.. (I forgot what E and D stands for hehe) aaaand she is inviting me to join.


I said yes.





22 May 2013
Application for the SPED thingy. 

I was wearing something orange --a polo shirt I only wore thrice (that was the second time), I looked good but the sun is raging, the sky is clear, the wind is stale. I'm already sweaty when I arrived at the Public Employment Service Office (PESO), I was a disaster. --and speaking of disaster, my Internet connection is a disaster, while typing this post I'm downloading a 11MB file, a song by Zed, Clarity and the ETA is 35mins and when it reached  95% the connection broke and started again and now I have to wait another 35 minutes for it to finish...AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!


The whole day I was outside, running around on a hot afternoon. I went to the Brgy. Hall twice only to be attended by the staff saying the Captain wasn't there --and oh yeah, I was there because I need my SPES-8 form to be signed by him and UNFORTUNATELY he wasn't in his office 3 days straight so imagine how pissed I am (but this is another story).

After twiddling at the barangay hall I went to my school, PUP to have my grades signed by the College Dean (people from PESO needed my grades signed so that it'll be considered as true and correct...I think they know I can use photoshop O.o). T'was a breeze, just waited a few minutes then BAM, signed. I went back at the PESO and gave it to Ms. Cristine and my day ended as I went home.


23 May 2013
First day at Work.

Ms. Cristine advised me to wear something white, with collar...a polo shirt, slacks and black shoes. What I wore was my old high school like college uniform in the 1st year. I looked.... its unexplainable.

I also met some dudes during my stay, at first I'm only with Timothy, I call him Tim 'cause his name is too long to pronounce and Renzo, which I call Renz. They're good, funny and easy to be with, Renz is an incoming college student from Rizal Technological University taking up Civil Engineering and Tim is an incoming high school Senior at Eulogio Reyes Integrated School.

Work was fine --I guess, we did very little work. I'm my mind I was actually expecting a fully loaded work like a real employee in that department --oh wait WE'RE LIKE THEM! Actually there is really no work happening in the office. No people coming in, no work. In short we are just sitting there, conversing, talking about stuffs, watching people play solitaire, candy crush, angry birds, Mystery P.I., Diner Dash and more.



24 May 2013
I'm already getting a hang of things (DUH!).

Today we're only on half day because the staffs in the office are going on vacation at Laguna. This is the first time they're all jumpy and enthusiastic about something AND ITS NOT EVEN THE LAST HOUR OF WORK! (Oh yes, they all become vigorous when the clock strikes at 4). I DID IT! Um uh I meant the Wifi did it. As I'm really excited to open the file and when I opened the file, it was a remix and worst part is, the remixer butchered the whole song...imagine waiting 35 minutes just to be able to complete a file download and get a wrong file. I feel I want to kill someone right now.



06 June 2013
Our last day of work. :(

It's been a while, a lot of things happened for a short amount of time. I got to like the people I'm working with actually! They're actually and funny especially the ones that are older than us. I managed to perfect my typewriting skills too and knew how to differentiate and the order of recording (at first I'm only handling one document at a time) the documents I'm handling; now I'm handling them all with ease!

I managed to befriend with the other employees there, they're harmless, they just intimidated me at first but when i managed to get to know them more and got to like the work I'm doing, I don't know if I should be saying this but I never like to leave the office na..ha ha ha!

I also managed to befriends with the other SPES employees and I really liked them!

In the end, we managed to get along together, chat in Facebook and exchange texts via mobile even though we're no longer together as SPES employees; well, it s like they say, alls well and ends well.


***
The Verdict.
T'was all good. Actually, I have to say that I've leaned stuffs from these experiences. The burning feeling from the inside to work even though your shift is done, to be excited to see your friendly co-workers and lastly to get paid for it...naaaaahh! Just kidding, but really, I really liked being with them sadly it all has to end. 

So after this, school naman and it'll be on 17th of June, wish me luck about my studies!

Read More: My SPES Buddies

1 comments:

ArCeeTee said...

Nice piece of writing.....keep up the good work.....

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Cristian's Blog