Fire at Bulalakaw Street


Aling Hermy's House
"SUNOG! SUNOG! SUNOG! BUMABA NA KAYO!" said my Kuya in an outrageous tone.

I was awakened by my mom saying that there's a fire. I was alarmed, my Kuya kept on shouting and shouting to go down and leave the house so I immediately went down...and of all the things I can bring with me...I brought only my Tab. Fascinating.

Everyone was in a stage of paranoia, they're all in panic not knowing what to do, people running everywhere, t'was really a chaotic moment. People crying hysterically on the street gutter but me, I just in front of the burning house, staring at the fire, like I give fuck about it. Weird that I'm really trying to feel something out of it; like fear, awe, but no instead I was just there, standing in front of the house.

10 June 2013
1:27 am A leak from an LPG Tank caused a fire to break out in out neighbor's house. I can see the house burn right in front of me. 

1:41 am the fire is now under controlled. The fire form the roof is no longer seen yet clouds of smoke still envelops the whole area, the smell of burnt wood and electrical wiring also lingers.


3:24 am Everything calmed down, people bystanding at the street, gossiping about someone got fully burned and died inside the house and a guy suffocated in his room that spelled his death --man, chismis nga naman. Actually, there was really no casualty, I don't even know where'd those people got the idea! Pinoy nga naman.

Here's the ember I'm talking
 about (photo taken on out roof).
3:42 am (now typing this blog). As I said earlier, the fire is "under controlled" but still when I looked at the roof of our neighbor there still some embers left (and now its getting larger...CRAP! ITS GETTING BIGGER AND THERE'S BLACK SMOKE COMING OUT TOO!).

5:07 am The sun is starting to make its appearance. This time they are sure that the fire will no longer come back. Neither smoke nor signs of ember can be seen I guess this is it.  I can now rest (at last!). 
HYDRO PUMP! (I was inside my kuya's house when this
truck is hydro pumping the ceiling)



First, I am really disappointed on how the events turned out --I mean when they said that the fire is under control na and yet it broke out again. But then again, still, first I'm thankful to the, because without them , no doubt our house will turn into dust. Second, I feel sorry for them for lots of people yelled, talked harsh to them, even scolded them "for doing this", or "not doing that". 





**UPDATE**
12 June 2013

So far the guy is doing good, he is at the hospital resting and healing. 

Police says that the cause of fire was the stove that wasn't properly turned off leaving it open the whole night, the tenant decided to cook himself a snack, opened the stove and BAM, explosion grande. But oh well, like I said earlier, he's doing fine.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Cristian's Blog