Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (2013)

Today I'll be reviewing the movie Sea of Monsters directed by Thor Freudenthal.


If you've watched the first title, The Lightning Thief and thought t'was beautiful and great, well then you're right; but if you think the sequel will be the same as the first or even surpass it, you have it all wrong.

Unfortunately unlike the first, the hype for this "mythological stuffs" have disappeared somewhere, and speaking of mythological stuffs, there are only few creatures seen in the entire movie, the manticore like hybrid, the big ass sea monster, the  Khalkotauroi and the Cyclops and of course the Titan Kronus but hey, what about the action scenes? All I can say is that the son of Poseidon, Percy didn't utilize his power that much, no water bending stuffs and the swordplay is so cheesy, I didn't even caught up in the movie and come to think I like this kind of stuffs! Greek stuffs! But sad to say this one totally disappointed me.

Cinematography. Overall t'was good. The effects are amusing, quite cheesy but its okay, the creatures are realistic enough, the location and story was okay but the magic! Greek mythology is all about magic and mysticism and I'm wondering why not much of powers are used in the entire film?

Camp Half-blood. When the big robotic bull penetrated the barrier, how come only the students are inside the camp that time? Where is Chiron? Where are the professors? Where are these people so they can show off? And all this Percy swordplay stuff is really growing dull. How I wish there will be an Avatar (no, that that blue creatures, I am referring to the Last Airbender) like battle scene whoa, that will be A-W-E-S-O-M-E and I'm sure that are a lot of people will agree to me with this one.

Overall. The movie was okay, but I have to say, my expectation on this movie was high so when I've finally watched this, damn it was really a let down but then again the movie is watchable, still I am expecting high for the third installment, I bet it'll be great....I hope.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Cristian's Blog