The Tempest (2010)

The Tempest by Julie Taymor is said to be listed in a comedy drama genre by IMDB but I think I have to disagree (a bit) in it. The Tempest is originally an epic play of William Shakespeare translated rendered by Julie Taymor from pages to the big screen. So far, I've enjoyed the movie, thanks to the subtitles I've found on the Internet, watching this movie  was a no hassle.

I have never been a reader of Shakespeare's work nor known that this was his' work until I browsed IMDB for details. My first thought before watching this movie was like harry Potter epic movie in which later I only find weird people talking Shakespearean Language all over the movie which is not good for me BUT, on the contrary, I find this movie real good although hard to comprehend because I haven't read to original piece and to tell you that the story is somewhat changed so I can't really tell you the difference.

Overall, although the story is a bit confusing and boring at first, the movie is watchable, nice and well...uuh how am i gonna say this, well said?

I don't know but I kind of like this movie for its cool way to say words and maybe that's how this movie get its 'Comedy' genre huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Cristian's Blog