What is your Daily Facial Regimen?


What do you do to keep pimples/blackheads at bay? You know what they say:

"Prevention is the Key"

You know, when people asked me what I do, I'd say this and that and they'll say: "Hey, isn't it like overkill or over to top or just simply paranoid?" And I was like: "Well I'm not done talking yet"


It is only natural for us to have pimples on face, body etc. especially when we reach the stage of puberty, I'm sure that most people does (and there are also some are fortunate enough that are "immune" to acne breakouts). Okay so, whats with the quotation up there? That's a quote I learned from watching a video on YouTube and i forgot what video was it but then again I'm using it for it has a really great meaning, you know, lets say an example, why fix broken toy when you can prevent it from breaking? Get the meaning? Its our face, why let acne breaks in our face when we can prevent it from coming?

Pimples are indeed one of the problems teens are facing today.

"How am I going out with this Zit on my forehead?!"
"Great I have a date tonight and..whats with this over sized pore Uggh!"

Well, based on studies Men are indeed "more" prone to acne breakouts due to their large pores on their face making their pores more vulnerable to dusts and pollution and considering our modern age, men have to take care of themselves as women take care of themselves! 

So now what's you day-to-day skin care regimen? I'm going to tell mine first so here goes.

Photo courtesy of: shensaddiction.com
For my Facial Foam, I use L'oreal Men Expert Pure and Matte Bright Charcoal Black; While I was browsing the stocks although there are a lot of products to choose from this one got me, I read the description and it was nice, it has Salicylic Acid by the way, Salicylic Acid is used to help clear and prevent pimples and skin blemishes in people who have acne. This is my everyday cleanser, why? I happen to like the black stuff and since it contains Salicylic Acid I don't have to worry much of acne breaking out and I also like the musky scent from it; you will actually smell it if you smell it directly.

Photo Courtesy: akisalove.com
For my Exfoliator, I use 2, one in the morning after waking up and one before going to sleep. I'm talking about St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control, at first time of using St. Ives, I find this really icky, its so textures as if I'm using sand as an exfoliator so I changed this to St. Ives Apricot Scrub Invigorating, although both are somewhat the same in texture, this one is more gentle less friction on the face so I like this more. I only use this every morning, I rarely skip this regimen.

The other one I use is Loreal Men Expert Pure and Matte Anti-Clogged Pores Exfoliating Gel, this one when i first bought this I thought its expired. Really! Because when I shook it Its like what the, and when I tried it on there's no Bubbles coming out! Well, actually I only bought this because of the comments flying around in this product so I decided what the heck, I'll give this a shot and walla! It turns out to be just good. The scene was nice too the texture is fine and the after wash effect is nice too, it leaves your skin refreshed somewhat tight but it will ease off then leaves your skin soft and smooth.

Third will be my Toner, yes. Actually I only started using toner when I read this on a blogsite (once again, I forgot what was the site but I'll try to give to you the link as soon as I figured it out) but don't be confused with astringent - toner idea for Toners are  primarily used to clarify the skin, keep the skin hydrated and moisturized, refresh tired complexions, improve skin tone and reduce the appearance of fine lines. While Astringents are used to remove dead skin cells, reduces acne and controls oil. Astringents are good for Oily skin for it gives Matte look while Toners are for sensitive skin which is made from alcohol free ingredients.

Well, right now I still have this Toner with me Neutrogena Alcohol-free Toner by which reminds me that I should have brought an astringent for i have an oily skin but I don't like alcohol or chemical based astringent onto my face so I decided to try this "alcohol free" toner, well this toner gives a hospital like scene which you'll love, and yes, it does gives off a filmy look onto my face as If I have plastic wrapped onto my face (literally, after few hours wearing it on, and when I looked at the mirror ---*gasp!*).


Fourth is my Mask/Pack. I use this once a week or 2 when I feel like it (I have a pretty tight schedule). I use Himalaya Neem Face Pack, by the way, Neem packs are absolutely good for Oily skin types for this absorbs all oil in your skin for 1-2 days, no kidding! I've tried this once and at first I have my doubt but after the application and rinsed it well fort he whole day I feel oil free! Only thing in this Neem pack is the smell and the tightness, It smells like pure chemical and when the pack hardens you can barely smile or open you mouth but the after effect is nice, oil free, smooth, soft skin. What could you ask for? Also I happen to you Himalaya Purifying Mud Pack and it was nice too. Nicer than the Neem pack but not better, nicer because its not too tight and the smell is not that bad. 

Fifth is optional though, I use Purederm Nose Pore strip whenever blackheads accumulate onto my nose. Only thing is I'm not quite satisfied with the tightness, only 40-60% of black heads are lifted off but then again at least blackheads are lifted off huh?

Some other optional includes Moisturizer, for me I no longer use it for I use toner (and soon astringent)  and it keeps my skin hydrated but to those who have an oily skin a Moisturizer that is water based of gel type is suitable for you rather than creams for creams have oil and if you use that on an oily type skin the oil will just double while gel type moisturizers will just be absorbed by the skin which reminds me, try using Loreal Men Expert Anti- Regreasing Moisturizer it helps subdue oil while keeping your skin light, smooth and oil free.

That is all, I do hope you like this blog. Don't forget to Subscribe and follow!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Cristian's Blog